Shamelessly stolen from LeeAnn.
It’s all about me, baby.
Ten Layers Of Me (as in 10 layers of an Onion)
— Name: John
— Birth date: May 21
— Birthplace: Portsmouth, VA
— Current Location: Hampton, VA
— Eye Color: Brown
— Hair Color: natural: gray; dyed: dark brown
— Height: 6′
— Righty or Lefty: lefty
— Zodiac Sign: Gemini/Taurus Cusp, Cancer Rising
— Your heritage: Welsh, Cherokee, Irish, German
— The shoes you wore today: Sperry Docksiders
— Your weakness: beef
— Your fears: being absent the day the world learns all there is to know and no way for me to catch up.
— Your perfect pizza: thin crust with beef
— Goal you’d like to achieve: be a wiz at web design (and, oh, achieve world peace)
— Your most overused phrase on IM: LOL!
— Your thoughts first waking up: Good Morning, uh, World!
— Your best physical feature: My dimples
— Your most missed memory: If it’s a memory, and I miss it, how can I remember it? Seriously, however, it would be the discount retailers of the 70s.
— Pepsi or Coke: Pepsi, all the way.
— McDonald’s or Burger King: Burger King, especially their double cheeseburgers.
— Single or group dates: If I were to date, I’d say single. Group dates end up making me feel like a 13th wheel or something.
— Adidas or Nike: Neither. I’m a Reebok man.
— Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: Lipton iced tea.
— Chocolate or vanilla: Vanilla, because it mixes so well with so many things.
— Cappuccino or coffee: coffee. Either, as long as there’s lots of it.
— Smoke: Rarely, normally only when my nerves are acting up, or when I’m intoxicated.
— Cuss: Yeah, you got a F’n problem with it?
— Sing: not as well as I could, if I were trained, but getting better at it all the time!
— Take a shower everyday: Sometimes. Normally every other day. Wash up daily.
— Do you think you’ve been in love: of course. but most of the time it died. Maybe not enough Miracle-Gro?
— Want to go to college: only to increase my paycheck (hey, at least I’m honest!)
— Like(d) high school: liked high school, yes. Liked in high school: not by many.
— Want to get married: With the way the government is treating the ‘sacrament’ of marriage by making it something to laugh at? Probably not.
— Believe in yourself: not nearly enough.
— Get motion sickness: only one time. Years ago.
— Think you’re attractive: I could look better if I didn’t treat my body like it was an amusement park. But I’m not too hard on the eyes.
— Think you’re a health freak: Uh…hell no.
— Get along with your parent(s): After years of issues, yes.
— Like thunderstorms: Love them. Put on some jazz or Barry White, break out the wine, and let’s get it on!
— Play an instrument: Studied keyboard as a child, but never applied myself. 😐
In the past month…
— Drank alcohol: What kind of question is this? Of course!
— Smoked: yes.
— Done a drug: Nope.
— Made Out: Define “make out.” LOL.
— Gone on a date: yeah, you could say that.
— Gone to the mall?: yes
— Eaten an entire box of Oreos?: no. Those things are evil and I don’t like having them around. They talk to me. They make demands. “EAT ME!” they declare…
— Eaten sushi: Yes.
— Been on stage: yes
— Been dumped: no, or there would be some bodies that would need to be hidden.
— Gone skating: ice or roller? Either one, nope.
— Made homemade cookies: no.
— Gone skinny dipping: no. no pool.
— Dyed your hair: yeah.
— Stolen anything: can’t say I have.
— You sound boring: consistent, is what I’d say.
— Played a game that required removal of clothing: No, cos I think I’d try to lose that one
— Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: most definitely.
— Been caught “doing something”: almost.
— Been called a tease: yeppers
— Gotten beaten up: yeah, in elementary school.
— Shoplifted: no. what kind of person do you think I am?
— Changed who you were to fit in: yes, loneliness sucks after a while.
–Age you hope to be married: didn’t you read above?
— Numbers and Names of Children: I had a cat, but she died. Can I declare my three ghosts as children?
— Describe your Dream Wedding: all my friends and my mom & dad. Big reception. Ex’s there, bound and gagged so they could see how happy I am.
— How do you want to die: quickly and painlessly.
— Where you want to go to college: CHK would be nice, since they’ll sort of “pay for it.”
— What do you want to be when you grow up: at 35 you’re asking me this? Ok. Young again.
— What country would you most like to visit: Australia.
Layer Nine –
–Opposite sex (or the same?) same.
— Best eye color? blue
— Best hair color? red
— Short or long hair: medium.
— Best Height? average
— Best weight: average
— Best articles of clothing: jeans
— Best first date location: Ruth’s Chris (if they’re paying)
— Best first kiss location: on the floor, in front of the fire place.
— Number of drugs taken illegally: none
— Number of people I could trust with my life: three
— Number of CDs that I own: somewhere around 10,000.
— Number of piercings: one.
— Number of tattoos: none.
— Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper?: twice.
— Number of scars on my body: 6
— Number of things in my past that I regret: one. My mom’s birthday dinner in 1987.
* FIRST JOB: working for AM1490, WPEX.
* FIRST SCREEN NAME: Gemini Blue
* FIRST SELF-PURCHASED CD: Wham! Music From The Edge of Heaven.
* FIRST PIERCING/TATTOO: Got my left ear pierced when I was 31
* FIRST ENEMY: school bully who always called me “queer”
* LAST KISS: last night
* LAST LIBRARY BOOK: “The Way To Cook” by Julia Child.
* LAST MOVIE SEEN: “Shrek 2″ (or it will be soon enough)
* LAST BEVERAGE DRANK: Iced Tea.
* LAST FOOD CONSUMED: Bojangle’s Beak
* LAST PHONE CALL: My mom to let her know I’m sick today.
* LAST CD PLAYED:”Harem” by Sarah Brightman
* LAST ANNOYANCE: comment spammers.
* LAST SODA DRINK: Diet Rite Tangerine
* LAST ICE CREAM EATEN: Dairy Queen
* LAST TIME SCOLDED: For interrupting a discussion (on the phone) PoloRandy was having about a traffic accident. The phone call was to me.
* LAST SHIRT WORN: Ralph Lauren Polo.
* I AM: a 35 year old geek.
* I WANT: to lose weight.
* I HAVE: one of the largest private CD collections in Hampton Roads.
* I WISH: I made more money so I could do more things for the house.
* I HATE: slackers who abuse the system.
* I FEAR: natural disasters.
* I HEAR: voices from beyond.
* I SEARCH: for truth
* I WONDER: why bigoted people can’t just bugger off.
* I REGRET: never applying myself in school.
* I LOVE: PoloRandy and my family.
* I ALWAYS: listen to music.
* I AM NOT: female.
* I DANCE: any time I can.
* I SING: any place I can.
* I CRY: not as often as I should.
YES OR NO:
* YOU KEEP A DIARY: Yes.
* YOU LIKE TO COOK: Definitely.
* YOU HAVE A SECRET NOT SHARED WITH ANYONE: Yes
* HAVE A CRUSH: Grape, Orange, Strawberry, or Pineapple?
* WANT TO GET MARRIED: Keep up here. Read what I’ve written!
* GET MOTION SICKNESS: only once, on a boat.
* THINK YOU’RE A HEALTH FREAK: get real.
* CURRENT HAIR COLOR: medium brown.
* EYE COLOR: brown.
* BIRTHPLACE: Portsmouth, VA
* NUMBER: 7
* COLOR: blue (and/or silver)
* DAY: Friday
* MONTH: May
* SONG(S): “Silver Blue” by Roxette; “One In A Million” by Bosson
* SEASON: Fall
* DRINK: Blackberry Merlot
* CUDDLE OR MAKE OUT: cuddle
* CHOCOLATE MILK OR HOT CHOCOLATE: hot chocolate
* MILK, DARK, OR WHITE CHOCOLATE: milk chocolate
* VANILLA OR CHOCOLATE: vanilla. Didn’t you ask that already?
IN THE LAST 24 HOURS, HAVE YOU:
* CRIED: yes.
* HELPED SOMEONE: it’s my job.
* BOUGHT SOMETHING: yes, dinner.
* GOTTEN SICK: yep, I’m aching all over.
* GONE TO THE MOVIES: no.
* SAID, “I LOVE YOU.”: yes.
* WRITTEN A REAL LETTER: no
* TALKED TO AN EX?: I’m not that much of a masochist.
* MISSED AN EX?: No.
* WRITTEN IN A JOURNAL: blog…blog….blog…
* HAD A SERIOUS TALK: Yes.
* MISSED SOMEONE?: Yes.
* HUGGED SOMEONE?: Yes.
* MADE SOMEONE MOAN: that’s TMI.
1. What year was the best year of your life?
2. One animal or insect that Noah should have left off the ark?
3. Do you make a wish before blowing out your birthday candles?
4. Do you generally open your bills on the day that you receive them?
I open ALL my mail when it comes in.
5. How many pillows are on your bed?
6. Favorite ice cream flavor?
7. What is the most dominate color in your wardrobe?
8. Have you ever seen a ghost?
9. Would you rather go to a carnival or circus?
10. Favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
11. Your favorite fictional animal?
12. Have you ever flown first-class?
13. Would you go on a reality show?
Not on your life.
14. Are you more optimistic or pessimistic about the future?
15. Pancakes or waffles?
16. If you could own a home anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Sydney. Or Perth.
17. Your favorite Soup of the Day?
18. What site is a must see for all visitors to your city?
The Air and Space Museum
19. Can you recommend a good restaurant in your city?
Used to be Carmella’s, before they closed. Now, I’d say Jack’s family restaurant.
20. You go to the zoo; what is the one animal that you want to see?
21. Potatoes, rice, or pasta: which is your favorite?
22. What is the best movie that you’ve seen this year?
I don’t watch a lot of movies.
23. One of your favorite books when you were a child?
24. What in your life are you most grateful for?
25. You are home alone and use the bathroom; do you close the door?
26. What is your favorite small appliance?
My coffee machine.
27. Salty snacks or sweet treats?
28. Are you usually a little early, a little late, or right on time?
Usually a little early.
29. What is the most daring thing that you have ever done?
Gone on the roof during Hurricane Isabel to remove the top guttering that had broken loose so it didn’t break my windows.
30. Have you ever met someone famous?
Annie Lennox, Per & Marie from Roxette, Jane Olivor, Sam Harris, and 8 of the nine Supreme Court Justices.
31. What was one of your favorite games as a child?
Big-wheels cops & robbers
32. At what age have you looked your best?
33. One person that never fails to make you laugh?
LeeAnn of The Cheese Stands Alone
34. What was the first music that you ever bought?
Barbara Mandrell’s “Moods” album.
35. If you could change one thing about your family life when you were a child, what would it be?
Nothing. See: Butterfly Effect.
36. What is the one thing that you cook that always receives compliments?
Hot Virginia Dip.
37. From what news source do you receive the bulk of your news?
38. In the last calendar year, how many people have you told that you love them?
7. (all family)
39. Who received your first kiss?
A girl in Junior High with the initials PH.
40. The single most important quality in a mate?
41. What do you value most in a relationship?
42. Do you believe that you have a soulmate? If yes, have you already met?
Yes, and yes.
43. Do you consider yourself well organized?
You couldn’t tell it by looking, but yes.
44. On average, how many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
45. Did you ever make a prank phone call?
When I was younger, before Caller ID, oh yeah.
46. What one quality do you seek in a friend?
47. Have you ever killed an animal?
48. When you were twelve years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?
49. Do you believe in an afterlife?
Yes. There’s got to be something better than this.
50. What would you like to accomplish with the remaining years of your life?
Change the world for the better
And here are 15 more questions:
1. What is the “theme” on your calendar this year?
2. Do you read the newspaper every day?
3. What kind of shoes are you wearing right now?
4. What magazines do you subscribe to?
5. What is your favorite condiment?
6. What was the first occupation you remember wanting to have?
7. Do you have a green thumb?
Yes, I do.
8. Did you have an imaginary friend when you were little?
9. Do you floss regularly?
10. If you could still hang posters of celebrities on your walls and get away with it like when you were 12, who would be on your walls right now?
Justin Timberlake, Kylie Minogue, Kyan Douglas, and Sarah Brightman.
11. Do you keep shoe boxes or throw them away?
Throw them away.
12. Would you be embarrassed if someone looked under your bed?
The dust monsters would kill them.
13. If you could be one character in a book, who would you be?
Judd Crane from “Descent from Xanadu”
14. What do you sleep in?
15. What is your favourite word?